I’m in Southampton area and potentially looking for help with the following:
- Basic differential equations
- Basic vector algebra (scalar and vector products)
- Vector calculus (grad, div, curl, at least in Cartesian coordinates)
- Potential theory (Poisson's equation, etc)
I’m not quite sure if this is above A-Level or what they now do at A-Level, the idea is to help me switch from BSc/PhD Biochemistry/Biophysics to PgCert in Astrophysics
And then perhaps some physics if the same person does both
- Basic atomic theory (atomic energy levels and spectral lines); not the heavy stuff like
spin-orbit coupling, but the basic quantum numbers n,l,m etc.
- Basic special relativity.